Report a Home claim

Our claims lines are available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
To speed up your call, make sure you have your policy schedule to hand first.

How to claim

Home emergency claims

For Home Emergency claims: 0345 072 4386

Buildings or Contents claims

For a Buildings or Contents claim: 0345 0724423

Legal Expenses claims

For a Legal Expenses claim: 0345 072 4402 (Ref 73094)

Frequently Ask Questions

Most frequent questions and answers

Cover for Mobile phones whilst outside your home can be obtained by selecting Personal Belongings and adding it to your quote. Please note, the limit for any number of bicycles is £5000, however for individual bicycles valued between £500 and £3,000 these must be itemised on the application.

Unfortunately, damage to your fences caused specifically by storms or flood will not be covered.

There are circumstances where fences are covered as part of the buildings cover, please refer to the policy wording for full details.

Yes, you need to tell us about any individual items that are valued at over £2,500.

For any item of jewellery or watch valued at £3,000 or more you must provide the valuation certificate if you wish them to be insured whilst away from your home.

This policy limits include cover for an individual item up to a value limit of £10,000 or several items with a total value up to £20,000 collectively for cover away from the home or up to £30,000 for cover within the home. Please see your options during the quotation process or read the IPID – 

It covers you for up to £1,000 to make your home safe and secure in the event of a domestic emergency. This includes problems with:

  • Main Heating System
  • Plumbing & Drainage
  • Gas Supply
  • Electricity Supply
  • Water Supply Pipe
  • Roofing
  • Security
  • Pest Infestation

If any of these emergencies occur which cause your home to become unsafe or cause a loss of these services, they will send an engineer to your home to complete a repair and prevent or limit any further damage. They will pay for call out charges, labour, and materials to get your home back to a safe state or restore the key services.

Home Emergency cover is not a maintenance policy and does not cover the cost of routine maintenance in your home, nor does it provide or cover the cost of boiler servicing or maintenance.

The standard excess amount payable on our Home policy is £100 on most Buildings & Contents claims. For claims relating to escape of water, it’s £250, and for claims for subsidence/heave/landslip it’s £1,000. Please refer to your policy wording for the total excess amount on your policy.

You can also choose to have a voluntary excess in addition to the compulsory excess under the policy. A higher total excess value makes the insurance premium lower, however, in the event of a claim, you will pay the total excess amount, which is the total value of the compulsory excess and any voluntary excess you have selected.